4.04.2016

FO: Merriment Cardigan






Merriment Cardigan Pattern by Melynda Bernardi of French Press Knits

Needles: US 4 - 3.5 mm & US 7 - 4.5 mm
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Cascade 220 & Classic Elite Yarns Liberty Wool

I love how this cardigan turned out for my sweet girl. If you ask her what her favorite color is, she immediately says "pink-and-blue" as if they cannot possibly be separated, so a pink and blue cardigan it is. The white and blue I had in my stash, so I just needed to add some pink! The 3/4 size is great on her at 2.75, with room to grow in the arms and body length. I used a size 7 needle mostly because I had something else on my size 6s and I liked the density of the fabric, too. I didn't worry too much about gauge since I was knitting the bigger size. The metal buttons are so sweet and I love how they mimic the flowers in the yoke quite perfectly. I just need to sew the striped grosgrain on the edges of the steek and it will be complete. This would make a really cute pullover, too, so you may see that in the future.

Like this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

No comments :