4.01.2016

Summer Shorts :: Take 3

This third set of shorts came out pretty much how I pictured. I knew I wanted to do something with a bound hemline, but didn't have enough fabric to do the City Gym Shorts from Purl Soho or the Class Picnic Shorts from Oliver + S, so when I stumbled on this tutorial from Grainline for a curved hem on the Maritime Shorts, I knew I could use it. Again I used this pattern from Caila Made and sized up to 3T by printing it at 110%. I followed the Grainline tutorial to cut a curved hem and then bound the shorts with bias tape I made from some extra chambray I had in the stash. The main fabric is Essex Yarn Dyed Linen from Robert Kaufman in Indigo. Cute! And the fit was good enough to play in all afternoon, so that's a win for sure!






Like this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

2 comments :

Monisha said...

Superb i really enjoyed very much with this article here. Really its a amazing article i had ever read. I hope it will help a lot for all.
Thank you so much for this amazing posts and please keep update like this excellent article. Visit to get free carrer guide CSUF Free Guide

Anonymous said...

where do I get the aleto hat pattern?? thanks